The Threat of Higher Interest Rates – Driven by Inflation Pressures
- Live event at ITR Studio A - 90-minute presentation - July 21, 2022 at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Recording and slide deck included in purchase (emailed 24 - 48 hours after conclusion of live event)
About the Presentation
Understanding the linkage is key to profitably leading a business through an emotional time.
Rising interest rates are a threat to the economy, businesses, and wealth creation if not handled properly. One of the factors pushing interest rates higher is inflation risk. Understanding the drivers of inflation, and thus the potential magnitude of interest rate rise, will be part of this webinar. There are leading indicator trends that go back 22 months telling us about the next phase of the inflation cycle. That inflation cycle will have a significant impact on the course of interest rates through the next 12–24 months.
There is an emotional element to rising interest rates that must be understood. Doing so will enable us to look beyond the emotions to garner a better understand of the timing and magnitude of the change coming our way. If inflation abates somewhat, the impact of today’s trend likely won’t be felt until post 2023 or 2024. If inflation remains as problematic as it is today, the doom-and-gloom perspective has more credibility.
Join us at our July webinar in which Brian and Alan will lay out a coherent, logical perspective on the dual threat of inflation and higher interest rates – devoid of fear.
This event is sponsored by Chief Outsiders, an organization dedicated to helping mid-size companies build the marketing engine they need to accelerate growth.
- ITR Economics' long-term interest rate forecasts
- The relationship between those and ITR’s inflation outlook
- Understanding of inflation drivers
- The expected impact on the economy
What will attendees receive?
- Attendees will learn why a lessening in inflation is probable.
- They will understand how the general business cycle and inflation trends will impact interest rates.
- We will discuss when interest rates would reach the point of pushing the economy down.
- Attendees will learn how the consumer might respond to higher interest rates.
- They will know who stands to lose the most by higher interest rates.
Questions about our webinars? Check out our FAQs!
Still Have Questions?
Interested in The Threat of Higher Interest Rates – Driven by Inflation Pressures but want to learn more? Feel free to reach out and talk to an expert today.